Sign in to follow this  
Broseph

Questions on exterior lighting for the 441, MU-2 and LJ35

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening everybody

I had a couple questions. Were there any changes to the Exterior lighting on the 441, MU-2 and LJ35. I used to have flashing strobes & rotating beacons, and some extra look to the nav/recog lighting on prior updates when first installed. Now it looks as if just the basic glow of the nav/beacon/recog lighting is built into the model, but with no additional effect of the FX_lighting files, also don't have flashing strobes or rotating beacons of any sort.

I dabbled around a bit and  looked into the aircraft.cfg and noted all three aircraft have FX_none for the effect name with 0.0 coordinated on the X,Y,Z positions for the nav, beacon, strobe, recog and strobe lighting positions, could anybody share some light on this... as im kinda lost.

And second question, I originally had A2A's shockwave lighting on these aircraft before i updating em in the past. and never backed up the lighting coordinates. Would anybody have the lighting coordinates to the nav, beacon, strobe, and recog lights. You'd be a life saver, or else im gonna have to play the guessing game...

Thanks all

Joe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This is what I have on the MU-2B aircraft.cfg. Aircraft was correctly installed and have no issues otherwise. 

light.6 = 1,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.7 = 2,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.8 = 3,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.9 = 4,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.10 = 7,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE
light.11 = 8,  0.0,  0.0,  0.0, fx_NONE

Its similar on the 441 and LearJet 35

What happened to the original lighting effects that were on these three aircraft and why were they removed... Im slightly perplexed at this ?!?!

I do note that the MU-2B Update stated that 1.7 got an updated beacon flash to match the sound, and 1.9 got the new 3D shockwave lights, which im guessing is the landing and taxi lights. The 441 had no updates to exterior lighting, and the LJ35 only had updates to interior panel lighting due to VAS issues. and all are respectively up to date, minus the LJ35 which is still 2.8, haven't downloaded 2.9 yet. 

I'll have to snap pictures later. 

Fixed it myself. Realized the 3D exterior lighting aside from the landing and taxi lights work in DX10 mode.

The Landing/Taxi lights were already working in DX9