Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

square one again (:(

Guest frederico2006

Hi, Can't reinstall FS2004/9.1 after removal (forced by a bad install of A320 ad - on ) CD 4 refuses to install past 72% Asia.cab ) Now, the very same thing happened quite recently and because the disk appeared damaged, Microsoft very kindly replaced it with the new version and everything was fine. I can't get the scenery files to unload in any way shape or form - trying to copy paste/move files from the disk doesn't work, even though FS 2004 appears to be installed in programme files, no start icon appears and the sim won't run because terrain.cfg. is missing etc. I can't believe that the disc is damaged already ( 1 month old :( ), so I was wondering if maybe I uninstalled FS2004 manually (how do I do that though without deleting shared files, if its not in add remove - restore trick didn't work iether )maybe that would do the job, Any one know what's going on, Cheers, icebreaker B.T.W How do you get hold of the I.D. icons - I'd love to have a revolving Liverpool Footy Club insignia for my forum I.D :)

Can you do anything in safe mode to unload files from cd or have you tried DOS window?You could even try a WINME startup disc - long way round but whatever!!

Guest frederico2006

thanks for that Capn.Safe mode might be worth a shot but don't know enough about DOS to try that though, cheers, icebreaker

Guest frederico2006

Update: This situation seems to have been brought about by a faulty drive. I reinstalled the sim using my other drive (dvdrw) and it worked to a point. I still got the same message but hit the ignore button and it carried on installing. I tried this with the other drive and it refused to reinstall on the retry. I can't see any missing files, and the scenery looks good to me (so far ) Thanks for everyones help - it's valuable and greatly appreciated. Cheers,# icebreaker

This is good information to share. More than once, my old and achy CD Reader has balked at certain CD's. I have a USB CD Burner and always use that as a backup when an install or CD read fails.John