Sign in to follow this  
Guest pez_man

Embraer Announces New Versions Of The Embraer 190 And Embraer 195

From Embraer.Com Advanced Range Versions Provide Further Flexibility To Airlines Worldwide New versions of the two biggest of the four models -- those seating 100 people and 110 people -- will boost range by as many as 300 nautical miles.The company got certification from Brazilian and international regulators last year for the 70-seat jet and expects certification for the one that seats 100 people, known as EMBRAER 190, in the third quarter this year. The company expects certification of the EMBRAER 195, which seats 110 people, in the second quarter of 2006.The new version of EMBRAER 190 will have a maximum range of 2,300 nautical miles and the EMBRAER 195 will have a range of 2,100 nautical miles.Embraer said JetBlue Airways Corp. has converted its firm order for 100 EMBRAER 190 LR aircraft and options for another 100 to the new version, known as Advanced Range, or AR, the statement said.Embraer has received 343 firm orders for its new family of jets and 427 options.Read the Official Statement from Embraer website :http://www.embraer.com.br/institucional/do...195_AR-I-05.pdf

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yeah, I think Embraer is really on to something with their 170/190 series... They sure will have some prosperous years before Bombardier catch up (if they will.) I can't understand why Bombardier cancelled the BRJ-X program? Which they now have begun developing again after a couple of years as the C-series if I understand it correctly?rgrds fredrik