Sign in to follow this  
RobPol471

FSXWX many "Not found" METARs

I installed FSXWX on P3D v4 and everything worked fine but from yesterday only detects METARs EDDF apt while reporting
"Not found" for other apt EUs such as EGLL, LFPG, LIRF, LEMD or Japan RJTT while detecting US apts METARs.
Is there anyone else who has detected this inconvenience? Thank's.

I've had FSXWX installed for over a year, but I also noticed from around 0000z yesterday the service no longer detected weather from many locations at all. My simulator is currently placed in LIRF (Rome) and its 'nearest weather' is in EDDM (Munich!!!), needless to say, it's not very accurate. It would be such a shame if this was the way things were now, as it's a fantastic piece of software that does a great job of making FSX look beautiful.

Hi slopit12,

It's probably not a problem with FSXWX's "Not found" on many METARs that concern not only a diverse EU apt like LIRF, LFPG,
LEMD but also apt of Africa, Australia and the Far East but the site where FSXWX detects the METARs. The same situation as FSXWX
you can also see on http://maps.avnwx.com/# clicking on the various world zones only the METARs detected by FSXWX are displayed. Currently
you see only those in the US apt, some in South America while in the EU are shown those in UK, Holland, Belgium and someone
in Germany.

So it's some sort of third-party service that FSXWX was dependent on that's no longer available? My FSXWX even keeps crashing today, what a mess!

Edit: So I'm running 1.5.5 and I have just checked the FSXWX website and there is a new client available 1.6.1, so I'm downloading. At least I'll be up-to-date. I'm surprised no one else seems to be mentioning this problem.

Edited by slopit12

As an alternative to FSXWX v.1.61, you can use an old version free of FSrealWX v.1.07.1522
that works regularly on both P3D v3.4 and v4.

Fixed a problem with the NOAA server and now all the apt global METARs are active.