Sign in to follow this  
ailchim

FS2004 & ATC

Guest mikeallen

Hi all,I am just getting to grips now with the PMDG 737-700 & also creating my flight plans with FS Navigator which I export the plan straight into the aircraft FMC.Now, while I have been on a learning curve with both of the above items I have not bothered with the FS9 ATC, however I would like to start using it again on my flights.What I would like to know is, If i create a flight plan using the above program FSNAV & export it into the FMC, I have a feeling that during the route FS9 ATC will think differently & try & send me elsewhere & not the route FSNAV have given me. So how do i fly using the ATC & my chosen FSNAV route without them telling me my flight plan is cancelled if I don't turn left or right or keep to an altitude they tell me?I would like to still use the ATC as when I get close to my destination they tell you the runway to use & height to capture the localizer etc etc.How are you guys doing it?Any Help would be appreciatedMike

Guest ranco1

Hi mike,I had the same prob as you. What I would do is fly lnav all the way until the atc tells me to turn left or ight for approach, I would turn off lnav and put the heading on the autpilot, I would folllow their instructions until final. If you want to fly lnav all the way, I suggest buying radar contact.Hope it helpsAlexhttp://fs2crew.com/linepilot.jpghttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Guest mikeallen

Thanks Alex,How does this Radar Contact work?Does it replace the default FS9 ATC? Do you still select the options by pressing 1, 2,3 etc etc.Are there different accents in the package?Is RC compatible with the flight plans that are created in FSNav & sent to the FMC of the PMDG 737?Sorry for all the questions but it is the first I have heard if this product, thanks for a heads up.Mike Allen

>>Sorry for all the questions but it is the first I have heard if this product, thanks for a heads up.<http://www.jdtllc.com/ which should answer all your questions and more. Then, if you come back here and scroll down the forum list a little, you'll find the very friendly Radar Contact forum. Pop in for a chat - you'll be made very welcome.BestPetehttp://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannerbeta.jpg

This is very simple, 1) create your flightplan in FSNav2) export it in PMDG format (there is a module available for this) and load it into the FMC 3) also export from FSNav into FS9 format and once in the cockpit do Flightplanner, Load and select the exported flightplan4) ask for an IFR clearanceThen you have the FMC and ATC working off precisely the same flight planYour problem will be identifying the take-off runway for input into FSNav in order to pick your SIDFSUIPC comes with a program called WeatherSet which will identify the active departure runway. However, you need to make sure any weather programs you are using (e.g. ActiveSky) are updated into FS9 and then let some time elapse to make sure aircraft are being cleared to the current active.If you can pick up the wind at your destination airport and have a guess at the active runway there, that's near enough, as FS9 doesn't rocognise STARS anyway.

ngxu_banner.png