Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmce

FS real weather

I posted this yesterday but didn't see it today on the messageboard. So here it goes again: I use the 'real weather' in FS9 and at times, I suddenly I face a instant weather change the puts me in a white out situation with zero visibility. For example, I was making a visual approach and on final when WHAM!!, the screen changes to a complete white-out. No gradual change, no evidence in the scenery that such a condition exists at the arrival airport. This has even happened when doing T&G's at the same airport. What's funny is that the AI A/C is also doing visual appraches and don't seem to be affected. Has anyone else experienced this same phenomenom? Does this happen with the payware weather programs? Thanks for any feedback.

Found my original question on the board on page two. Don't know how I missed it before. Had one response that verified my thoughts. Would like to hear from others that use ASv6 or Weathermaker or any other weather program users. Thanks again.

Guest rmce

Hi,Cant say I see this with Active Sky 6. There is always a point where visibility changes, but not as drastic as you seem to be getting.I can see ahead (setting 30 miles) and clouds are very realistic, so I can imagine that the world will become very white as I descend into them.At times weather is at variance to what ATC is seeing, so I now listen to ATC, take their runway, but do not expect ATIS to mean much.