Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tophatter

Keyboard 7 key suddenly non-working

Guest Waltm

I've noticed a strange problem with FS2004. Recently whenever I try to select a number "7" option from the ATC dialog screen via the 7 key on the top row of my keyboard, FS2004 ignores the input. All other number keys are responsive.However, if I open the FS2004 Logbook dialog, or switch over to the FSNav screen (which I always have running in the background), I can enter a number 7 just fine. The problem is only with the ATC dialog.I've also noticed other input problems:- Occasionally when cycling through the view windows with the S key or my joystick button, FS2004 will cycle between only two views instead of four. Changing how I cycle between screens (via S or joystick) fixes the problem.- Occasionally the down view of my joystick hat will quit working, only to return to full functionality a minute later.The only thing I've changed recently with my rig is I added a Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-Port Hub to manage my USB devices (though currently all that I have plugged in are my keyboard, mouse and joystick).Any thoughts?Thanks.-- WaltFlying FS9.1 full screen at 1600x1200x32Intel Pentium 4 640 HT 3.20 GHzWindows XP Pro SP21GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)256MB PCI Express x16 ATI Radeon X850 XT PECatalyst 5.9 drivers for Windows XPDirectX 9.0cViewSonic P95f+ 19 inch Ultrabrite CRT MonitorSound Blaster Audigy2 ZSCreative I-Trigue 2.1 3300 SpeakersSaitek Gamers Keyboard USBLogitech MX 518 Optical Mouse USBMS ForceFeedback 2 joystick USBBelkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-Port HubWideFS 6.5.1.0ActiveSky 6 SU2FSUIPC 3.53 RegisteredFS Force 1.02FSNavigator 4.6Active Camera 2004 v2.0LAGO FSEAISmooth V 1.11aJABScreen v2.2Linksys Wireless Router WRT54G 802.11gNETWORKED SYSTEM (Running WideFS Client & ASV):Intel Pentium 4, 2.0 GHzWindows XP Pro SP2512 MB RAM

Guest Tophatter

Do you have any RXP guages in your aircraft and have that key assigned as a shortcut to one of the functions?Bud

Guest Waltm

Ah, I do have RealityXP gauges. I live and breathe RealityXP gauges!Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.-- Walt

Hi -I really don't have an answer for you but when I upgraded to WinXPSP2 ( from Win98SE)suddenly my 'Shift-F3'(or whatever it is to increase prop pitch) stopped working.There is nothing wrong with the keyboard. It just won't work in FS2004.Even the key assignments are correct. It just doesn't work. strange!

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Guest Tophatter

Check other programs you may have running that may capture keys. I know that if you have keyboard shortcuts assigned to your Reality-XP guages those key combinations are unusable for other functions within FS. The older versions of the guages would prevent you from using them outside FS9 but that has been fixed in the latest updates. Other programs may do the same.Bud