Sign in to follow this  

FRAME RATE

Guest isagani67

Dear All,You might find this question funny but out of curiosity I want to know the answer. "Why Microsoft had programmed the Frame Rate maximum limit to 100 if it is only between 24-30 to have a good view "Even movies requires 24fps only to have the slides moving smoothly that our naked eyes can not notice that it composed thousands of photo-frames.Thanks,Isagani

> "Why Microsoft had programmed the Frame Rate maximum limit to>100 if it is only between 24-30 to have a good view ">>Even movies requires 24fps only to have the slides moving>smoothly that our naked eyes can not notice that it composed>thousands of photo-frames.>>Thanks,>>Isagani.Set ALL your graphic sliders to far left;.Set your max Frame Rate to 24 and do some flying;.Now set your max Frame Rate to 60 and do some flying;Did you notice any difference in fluidity? No? Well, then you're very lucky, 'cause I notice a lot of difference. :)Marco

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Guest isagani67

Thanks for the tip Marco. I have not experimented this yet. Surely I will do it.regards,

been there, done that, was a framerate junky.There is no difference in fluidity as fluidity has little to do with framerates once you get over 20 or so.While you might have more frequent choppy behaviour when you also get poor framerates (that's consistently under 10) the lower framerates are not the core reason of the choppiness but merely another symptom of the same phenomenon: lack of system resources to successfully calculate the motion required.I've had great fluid animation at 10 fps and incredible choppiness at over 100, in fact I've encountered choppy motion more often at high fps than at low.