Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Repainting will be dead shortly !!!! ?????

Today a devoper made me very unhappy  ( or he just trried , in an XP11 related discussion )

He wrote:

I think custom liveries will disappear when real PBR textures will be released. since they are impossible to properly produce
without having the source object it will be the end of home-made liveries.

I say that proper editing of PBR files are made using 3D tools such as substance painter (which requires the 3D model), not photoshop or similar.
All is in the term "proper", which for instance does not apply to the XP11 version of XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX by XXXXXXXXX

If this is true it will mean repainting will not be possible anymore , as painters do not have the source 3D model.
The same time for many new models there will be no third-party free liveries available anymore.
Developers will go selling their liveries and many simmers will leave the scene.

If PBR means that in the end , PBR is bad for our hobby.

I hope I am wrong , personally I think repainting will be possible afterall as long as there are diffuse textures and normals to fiddle with.
Saying we will not be able to do proper painting I have serious doubts about that.
Exaggeration is also an Art.

I think he just told bull-S

Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints