Sign in to follow this  
ACR

Prop spinner's

Hey there,

I have a pretty petty request.

I was wondering if it'd be possible in a future update to be able to select whether to have spinner's on the props, or if you could choose just to have the dome shell's.  It seems like some operators removed the spinners, ordered them without, or just switched to the hubs as the spinners got damaged.  A few airlines come to mind:  Delta, United, Northern Air Cargo, Teal, Military operators, JAL, National, American, KLM, Western, Scandinavian, Pan Am, and I'm sure others.

If it won't happen, I totally understand.  I'm not a programmer, so I don't know what would be involved in adding it as an visual change.  I'd imagine it'd be fairly easy to model, though.

Just a thought to take this fantastic add on even better!

Paul

• Upvote 1

I'm about 90% sure that the ones without the spinner were a different propeller.  They had the Curtiss electric propeller as well as the Hamilton standard.  The Hamilton is on PMDG's.  While you certainly could do it for visual reasons, you know as well as I that PMDG does not give you options just for looks when it is a different system all together.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to have both propeller options but I don't see that happening.

Y'know, I didn't even think about them being different props!  That's a really good point.  And I could see PMDG not doing it for the very reason you mentioned, hahaha

Thanks!

Paul