Recently the cpu fan died on my ten year old desktop.  My desktop would only stay on for ten minutes before automatically being shut off when the cpu reached its heat limit.  What to do?  I went to the dollar store and bought a cheap desk fan.  I opened the side of my desktop and pointed the desk fan at the cpu.  My ten dollar solution worked, the desk fan keeps the cpu cool and I can do everything, including fsx, without the cpu overheating.  It looks weird but the solution works.  I can keep the computer on all day long now.  Eventually I'll replace my computer but for now it does everything I need.

John

Yea, I agree that looks weird, but I've had to do the same when overclocking and my AIO water cooling solution wasn't able to keep up.  Temporary, stop-gap solution, but whatever works...

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64