Sign in to follow this  
ArmyJack

Square of Nothing

Morning All,

A few months ago, I had the dreaded "Cloud of Doom" Fortunately,  Stephen from OPUS answered with replacing the FSX Cirrus_overcast03.bmp with the one provided in the OPUS software after editing it of course. This worked and life was good. Unfortunately, Microsoft pushed out an update. Naturally, I had to reinstall Windows 10 and all other programs I lost when Windows wouldn't start. After reinstalling FSX_SE, OPUSFSI and REX Soft clouds, using only Textures, not the weather engine, I had the "Cloud of Doom" again and applied the previously described fix. However, I no longer have the "Cloud of Doom" but a perfect opaque square what I call the "Square of Nothing" where said "Cloud of Doom" was located. Any help or suggestion would be most welcomed and appreciated.

Armyjack

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Please disregard my previous post. I discovered the issue was "ME" A simple problem of "Head space and Timing" Somewhere I had got the ideal that the new cirrus_overcast03.bmp was automatically loaded into the FSX when OPUSFSI is started. Not true. After manually moving the cirrus overcast03 into FSX, all is right with the world.

I apologize for my confusion and to all..Fly Safe

Armyjack