Sign in to follow this  
Guest nat2005

"Out of memory" error FS9

Hi All,Ive lately been doing regular flights from Hong Kong to Heathrow and Back, but so far i still havent managed to complete a flight from Hong Kong to Heathrow without getting the dreadfull out of memeory error. Ive been reading up on this problem on the forums here and gone through all the suggestions etc... i dont know weather they have worked or not but my question is: I have a lot of addon scenery but on my Hong Kong to Heathrow Flight the only scenery i have enabled via the scenery library is the UK2000 EGLL V2.0 and Hong Kong Scenery, so... slowly getting there, the question: Does Flight Simulator still try and access the files that arent enabled via the scenery library? becuase if not it means the problem or memeory leakage is in either the UK2000 Scenery or the Hong Kong scenery...Any suggestions appreciated,Nathanial

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Inproperly installed Landclass has been known to cause this error and I believe any "bad" bgl may cause it as well. My system serves as a pretty good baseline for the default install since I only have add-on landclass and mesh. I've never received an out of memory error. The important thing to know is that most scenery requires two subfolders in its install folder--one called scenery, containing the bgl(s) and one called texture containing the textures. Landclass should only have the scenery subfolder and should not have a texture subfolder. I've done the same with installed mesh as well, although I don't know if it's needed. AFCAD files are different altogether--I only have a couple installed and they've never given me problems, but a bad one can cause sim errors hundreds and sometimes thousands of miles away.Hope this helps--if anything I'll bump your thread so those who've seen this error can chime in.Regards,John

Thanks for the reply John,I have several landclass scenerys installed and they all only have a Scenery folder, but there are others, that are airports scenerys, that have their corresponding scenery and texture folders, but in the scenery folder there is also included some landclass files, should i move these landclass files to a seperate scenery folder that is only for landclass? Hope i made my self clear...Also, regarding the AFCAD files, i will have a look, i have just recently installed some new ones...Thanks,Nathanial

Hey--Do you mind listing other sceneries that you have. Actually, if you can list your scenery file section, it would help greatly. The reason I ask is because I am here trying to resolve the same exact issue. I was on final at EGLL last night, completing QF29 (Sydney-Hong Kong-London) haul with FSPassengers, and I got an out of memory error. Now, I did switch back to the sim from the error, and landed the flight. However, I had no textures (basic textures on the ground, grey/blank everywhere else), and when I went to unload the flight in FSPassengers, the window went black, flight didn't record (although I have instant record on), and when i tried to restart MSFS, Windows graphics turned to garble, and I had to do a hard reboot. I have Rana's addon manager, which checks for landclass files out of place, and I keep mine separate, but following a recent install of a couple of new sceneries, I don't think I ran the file check yet.I was using FSPassengers, Traffic 2005 for AI, and PMDG's Queen of the Sky for the plane. Nothing else that I can think of. This is only probably the fourth or fifth time I've ever had an out of memory error, but the coincedence of flight departure/destination seems interesting.Another big thing: What brand of video card is yours, and what drivers are you using? I've been having issues with 8X.XX series, and I am running 77.79, but also with issues.Cheers, and I hope we can get to the bottom of this.SKSystem specs are as follows:AMD 4400+ X2ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe4Gb Corsair XMS memoryEVGA 256Mb 7800 GT150Gb Raptor2x200Gb Maxtor drives in RAID0 (storage)650W Enermax power supplyAudigy 4 Aquagate watercooling system

Hiya,Well im pleased to say my problem is solved, i succesfully completed a flight from Hong Kong to Heathrow without any out of memeory error messages. Regarding your problem, one thing i do when flying is only have enabled the scenery that im going to be flying into (via the scenery library) so in my case it was UK2000 EGLL Pro v2 and Hong Kong scenery (vhhh2005b)ONLY, and of course i was flying the PMDG 744. The things i did and i would suggest you did (if using vhhh2005b scenery) is:- Go to avsim and make sure you download the LATEST AFCAD file for Hong Kong as some of the previous versions have a few problems.- I found that when you extract the vhhh2005b.zip, there is a VHHH_LC.bgl and AF2_VHHH.bgl file, along with the Scenery and Texture folders. As normal, create a folder called VHHH Scenery in your Addon Scenery Directory, copy and paste the Texture and Scenery folders into the folder you have just created, but DONT copy the VHHH_LC.bgl into either of those folders.... create a new folder in the Addon Scenery director and call it Landclass, then inside that folder create a Scenery folder, then you can copy the VHHH_LC.bgl file into that folder, so you should end up with: - C/.....FS9/Addon Scenery/VHHH Scenery/Scenery & Texture - C/.....FS9/Addon Scenery/Landclass/Scenery/VHHH_LC.bglAnd actiavte them via the scenery library.But to be honest, after all that i couldnt tell the difference with that file enabled or disbaled, so i deleted it all togeather, to be on the safe side...-Make sure you have no duplicate AFCAD files.-And basically make sure you defragment frequently etc...After i had done all that my problem was solved.And my graphics card drivers are version 77.77.Hope that helps,Nat

I have no clue if this will help, but at least for me it did.I got 1.5 GB of Corsair Memory in my system and when i was trying to do a flight from Shanghai to Zurich, the system ran out of memory. Not nice i thought, but i could not really remember that apart from installing the PSS777 i applied a change.While investigating further i found some minor change. Well, it turned our to be a nasty "minor" change.Suddenly i had fsuipc 3.53 isntalled on my system. I would not complain, if it would not drain my memory.While having 3.53 installed, once the aircraft is loaded, the memory usage begins to grow, 500m would be normal for fs9.exe. But the usage increases, and when it reaches 1.5gb, a nasty pop-up shows up, saying that i should clear my RAM. CTD is the next step.I reapplied 3.48, and the problem was gone. I have made a flight from Tokyo to Zurich with the PSS777, not crash after 12hrs.Maybe you have the same issuecheersMartin

Actually i was told by some guys who really know this game in and out, that the landclass file in a directory with a texture file is perfectly OK. The only time when this causes a problem is when the texture file is empty. If it is empty, delete the texture file. otherwise there shouldnt be any memory problems