Sign in to follow this  
moss1

water effects in fs2004

Guest mcspider

Hi,Am having a load of problems relating to water effects in fs2004.I have tried several downloads in order to get water reflection and have followed all instructions down to the last letter.Yet no matter what i do, all i seem to be able to get is the default FS2004 sea, dull and boring.I have been driven mad, by all indications that tell me that all i have done should mean the new textures are displayed, i have tried changing the display settings in fs2004 ..nothing.I cannot view water effects whatsoever. Is it my graphics card to blame or something in my system configuration that prevents me from seeing water effects?Is there known issues regarding my grapgics card,(a couple of the add ons suggested there may be?)I am using:Pentium 4 2.66ghz,512ddr ram,winxp sp2, nevidia geforce4 64mb mmx with agp 8.0x directx 9.0.I have also installed the update of flight simulator too.PLEASE HELP ME I AM CLOSE TO TEARS!!!!I would even go so far as to allow someone access to my pc remotely to do it for me or to check it out, i just dont know where the problem is.

Hello there, no need to worry. There is always an answer. First off, I would restore the original water effect file. Then I would get FE2004 by Flight1. (If this is affordable an option for you) Install it and use the conf manager that comes with it to choose the type of reflection, waves etc... The load FS9, turn the water effects all the way to the right. I think you will like this better. I know there are free effects out there, but do not know the names off hand. If you followed the instructions to the letter for any freeware,and have your effects level up to high including the special effects slider, things should work. I am sure someone with more knowledge in this area can help. I do hope I enlightened you abit. Good luck and keep us posted.EDIT: After reading my reply to you I thought I better add that I am not saying purchasing an add-on will solve your issue. I just think the program is fantastic offering alot of options for water, clouds and sky settings. I have tried some of the free water effects before and I happen to like FE2004 very much, so this is just a suggestion for you that I thought may help.