Sign in to follow this  
normada

FS9 errors, Several .DLL's cant load????

Guest mojo

Hello,I had fs9 installed for quite some time with quite a few add-ons (Payware) and after a long absence from using it, i found it wouldnt load, so i uninstalled FS9, and all add-ons, then went through the redgistry and deleted any mention of anything to do with FS9 or the add-ons. Now after i re-install from the original 4 cd disc's and try to run it, the splash screen appears, then shortly after i get multiple 'FS9 ERROR' message windows one after the other saying the following 'software' cannot be loaded, click ok to continue.the files are as follows>>>>>ACONTAIN.DLLAI_PLAYR.DLLATC.DLLCONTROLS.DLLDEMO.DLLFACILITIES.DLLFE.DLLFLIGHT.DLLFSUI.DLLG2D.DLLG3D.DLLINSTRUCTOR.DLLMAIN.DLLMULTIPLAYER.DLLSOUND.DLLSYMMAP.DLLTERRAIN.DLLTraffic.DLLThe above are all case-correct.I did have FS9.1 update and no-cd, but not know, its a clean fs9 install again (I hoped)Active camera, and FS9configurator, Activesky v6, Traffic2005 and several aircraft add-ons also.I try to update DX9.0c but all is well there, and am running WinXP sp2 on a Pentium4 3.0ghz with 1gb ram.Any clues or help would be much appreciated, as i really miss my simming :(Thanks in advance, MoJo

Guest mojo

Thanks for the response,I have Nortons Internet security2005 installed, and once again, i disabled it and antivirus'AutoProtect' for 1hour giving me plenty of time to get the install done.Then after disc4 was done, i accepted the licence agreement, and...Same thing!!! x( I dont know whats going on, i even used a different DVD drive this time (for know reason other than i have tried everything else i can think of)

Hi,Strange for sure. Do you have another machine you can test install on? A friend's? A laptop? That way we can eliminate the disks.Hope this helps,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6...development.jpg http://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-proud.jpg

http://www.jdtllc.com/images/rcv4bannersupporter.jpg

Did your uninstall include you deleting the Flight Simulator 9 folder and all its contents after you ran the uninstall routine? If you had applied the FS 9.1 update, it is quite possible the 9.1 dll's in your modules folder were left behind, causing issues when you tried to install FS 9.0 over them. As part of any uninstall, I manually remove all traces of the application, including registry entries. I have run into only a handful of uninstall procedures out of literally thousands that truly clean up all crumbs of the program they're supposed to remove.-John

Guest mojo

After i uninstall FS2004 (i have tried this a few times now) i make certain that the main folder (C:Program filesmicrosoft gamesfs2004) is deleted, then i have checked and deleted any reference to it in the registry also.When i go to re-install it (after a re-boot) i disable nortons as i stated above and one time i even tried re-installing it with WinXP booted in safe mode (changing MSCONFIG) so that nothing else was running whilst the install took place.The disc's are original, and in excellent condition and have not been out of the box since the install i did months ago, so i doubt they are at fault here.Although i cannot confirm this totally as i dont have access to a 2nd PC to try install on that.I only 'suspect' the disc's are fine as they 'LOOK' excellent and unmarked and no 'errors' are reported during install.

does the same happens when without any additional addons installed, just the vanilla FS9 ? I had similar problems until i discovered that there is an update for active camera available. With a new clean installation try to start the sim without that update to version 9.1 and without the no-cd. If this installation performs quite normal, update FS9 to version 9.1 still with the original fs9.exe (means no no-cd) and also no additional addons installed. If the update to version 9.1 performs well then install your addons etc.I had a problem with the fspassengers.dll (a module for the FSPassengers addon) that was not compatible to the version of the active camera dll i used at this time. I had the same problems like you. Than i checked the site for the active camera addon and there was a newer version available which solves the problem with fspassengers.dllcheers,Ron