Sign in to follow this  
rlashier

AS Connect Error with AS16 for P3d v.4

I recently purchased and attempted to install AS16 for P3d v.4 in my Windows 10/64 system. The AS16 Install proceeds normally, the installer then prompts to install AS Connect and does so apparently.

I enter the key #, and it is accepted, and AS16 launches. I then enter a flight plan, minimize AS 16 and start P3dV4. I select a flight scenario with my origin airport, click OK, and the program starts to load data and textures, etc.

The loading of the flight is then interrupted with an error message stating that "AS Connect logging does not appear to be enabled." There is more advice about ensuring ownership of the Program Files X86 folder, creating exclusions for certain folders in security software, and perhaps re-installing AS 16. Then another error appears stating that AS 16 cannot control ambient weather, etc. and will shut down, with the suggestion that AS Connect is being blocked perhaps.

So far, I have tried several times to reinstall AS 16 and AS Connect, and even tried installing AS 16 to a folder other than Program Files to avoid its ownership and such issues. I tried to create exclusions in Windows Defender as suggested by the error message, but this has produced no change - I'm still getting the same error messages.

The user manual for AS 16 states that after the installer installs AS 16 and AS Connect, it is necessary to then start the P3D simulator to properly complete the install of program components. When I do start P3D after the install of AS16 and AS Connect, there is no acknowledgment at all that any additional components are being installed. Is this normal?

What must I do to get this program(s) to install and run properly?

I previously ran AS Next with FSX, and that program installed and ran without issues in Windows 7. Is there something peculiar to Win 10 and Prepare 3d that is causing this issue?

Thanks for any help!

Rich

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ignore this. The OP (me) is an word not allowed, and inadvertently clicked on the ActiveSky2016_P3D link instead of the AS_P3Dv4 installer link in my SimMarket account.

All is good now!

Rich