Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

Soft Horizons FPS?

The author might as well answer (Me, that is)---the answer is "No" to both questions. Soft Horizons replaces the environment bitmaps that control the hue and haze levels in the sky. Other than these colors, nothing is changed in terms of the bitmap format, thus, no impact on performance. However, if you have any sky texture add-on, these bitmaps will replace the textures used by that add-on. Soft Horizons uses the same means those other add-ons use to change the sky and/or the appearance of the horizon. If you back up the textures Soft Horizons replaces, you can easily restore things if you prefer either the default sky bitmaps or those of any add-on you've installed.-John

Guest rpjkw1155

I have Soft Horizons and I wouldn't be without it. And, no, it doesn't cause stutters or drop FPS. What id DOES do is make the horizon very realistic; MUCH better than dropping the visibility to 20 or 30 miles as has been suggested in the past.Grab it, you won't be sorry.Bob