Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Odd joystick issue

Today an odd thing happened in XP11.  XP11 completely forgot my button assignments and won't see my buttons in the joystick config anymore.  I recalibrated the joystick and that worked fine, but my buttons have suddenly been erased and have gone unrecognized.  Thinking the issue was with my joystick, I went into P3d and the buttons are recognized just fine there.

It's somewhat aggravating to set trim from the 3d cockpit, although it is a workaround.  Wondering if anyone has seen this before and has any ideas how to fix the issue.  I had not touched joystick config prior to erasure of the button entries.

Thanks in advance, that said Xp-11 still rocks!

John

It's unusual to lose controller assignments. Usually. that only happens with major version changes, or if you're using a 3rd party plugin that conflicts with the default control assignments. So I don't know what happened there.

Anyway, one thing you can do is first, restore your preferred joystick and other control assignments. Trim is in those menus somewhere. Then, navigate to this file and make a backup copy, then stash the backup copy in another location:

X-Plane 11/Output/preferences/X-Plane Joystick Settings.prf

You should be able to use this to restore your settings if they get wiped again.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor