hrichbourg

PDK interface for P3D v4

Hi, Stephen.

I just purchased P3D v4, along with OpusFSI_v5. It would appear that the setup documentation has not been completely updated because the PDK setup instructions are centered around P3D_v3. In other words, it talks extensively about renaming, for example for P3D_3.4, the OpusPDK_v34.DLL to OpusPDK_v3.DLL, but makes no mention of what to do for P3D_4. I also note that there is no OpusPDK_v4.DLL file in the OpusFSI_v5 folder following installation.

So, my question is, what do I do to setup the proper interface for P3D_4? What file do I need to copy from the OpusFSI_v5 folder to the Prepar3d v4 Modules folder?

Same question for inclusion into the DLL.XML file?

I also note that there are quite a few DLL files in OpusFSI_v5 folder that were not in the OpusFSI_v4 folder, like OpusAS.DLL, OpusFSI.DLL, OpusP3D.dll, and several SlimDX#.dll files. Does anything manual need to be done with any of these?

Finally, what about the FSI2PDK_v4.DLL?

Sorry to trouble you with this, but I've been through all the documentation (including the GS file!) and can't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Henry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There's no OpusPDK Interface for P3Dv4 and one doesn't seem to be necessary or a worthwhile development at the moment. The LM dotNet 4 SimConnect library seems perfectly adequate (efficient) with P3Dv4 and there is no noticeable difference in performing 6DOF control via a PDK interface. So there's also no need for any OpusPDK DLL of ours sitting within the P3Dv4 memory resulting in greater stability within the sim.

Our FSI2PDK_v4.DLL library has been prepared for a future (64-bit) OpusPDK Interface should one be needed (or if more useful features are added to the PDK, we would also require the P3Dv4 PDK to be a little more stable as well).

Stephen :-)