rb120134

How would the PMDG 737ngx and 777 run on my new laptop

Hi, I just got a new Asus laptop

Intel core i5 7300hq quad core 2.5ghz turbo up to 3.5ghz

8gb RAM

Nvidia geforce gtx 950m 2gb gddr5

Windows 10 64 bit

SSD 256 gb 

How well would the PMDG 737ngx and the 777 run on this setup? Assuming that I dont use any additional scenery, weather and terrain programs, so just FSX with the pmdg 737ngx or the pmdg 777. Would it run and if yes at what settings? or is this laptop not suitable to run the PMDG 737ngx?

41 minutes ago, rb120134 said:

How well would the PMDG 737ngx and the 777 run on this setup? Assuming that I dont use any additional scenery, weather and terrain programs, so just FSX with the pmdg 737ngx or the pmdg 777. Would it run and if yes at what settings? or is this laptop not suitable to run the PMDG 737ngx?

Hi rb120134,

Your specs are generally better than mine - I have a 6 year old laptop (Toshiba Qosmio) and it runs these aircraft OK even w/ add on scenery Windows 7/64, Nvidia 560M, 6 GB memory, I7 @2600, up to 2.9GHz w/ turbo.  Not great, but OK; most scenery sliders to the left.  You may have to do some tuning: Nvidia Inspector, possibly DX10 preview.

No guarantees, but you can give it a try with FSX Steam.  You can run Steam on more than one computer and change computers for the 777 or NGX.  Steam occasionally goes on sale for a very reasonable price.  Of course once you purchase either PMDG aircraft there is no refund and they don't have sales ...

Mike

PS: PMDG wants you to sign your full name in its forums.

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2