Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Finished my Arizona Scenery

I generated scenery with Ortho4Xp for Arizona.  Surprisingly, the overlays did not lay down all the buildings and autogen, in some parts yes, in others no.  It is hit and miss when I do it.  I believe it has something to do with reading from the servers, but I am not sure.  If someone can suggest a fix for this without my having to redo the scenery, I would appreciate it.  Other than that the scenery turned out beautiful.  It is bordered by Vegas in the North, the Salton Sea in the West, Mexico in the South, and New Mexico in the East.  It took up a hefty chunk of my hard drive space, close to 100 GB because I used 16 as my resolution.  I guess I could redo it and go lower if needed someday, I'll see how that looks.  The photoscenery makes Xplane a strong companion to P3d, especially for VFR flight.

I love the Xplane Cessna, handles like the real deal in my opinion.  The sim is fluid on my system, except for some stutters when first loading an airport, once loaded it is fine.  Have never run out of memory even after a three hour flight over Southern Nevada and Arizona.  The only drawback with this scenery is that there is no easy way to package it up and put it here in Avsim's library, just don't have the bandwidth to do something like that, much as I would like to.  The best I can do is coach simmers how to use the program, and I have already done that.  See my youtube video if you haven't already seen it.  It shows both the scenery and the performance I get on my system, which is dedicated to simming, which is what keeps it up to speed.

John

• Upvote 1

Posted this in the wrong forum, meant to be in the Xplane forum, sorry...

John

• Upvote 1

Congratulations....Arizona has many places to explore...i love the Flagstaff area and the San Francisco volcanic field!

HLJAMES

Sounds great.  Be sure to check out the Barringer Crater, amongst other awesome landmarks.

Cheers,