Sign in to follow this  
J van E

Plan-G as a moving map

I never needed a moving map because I simply don't need if for navigation. However, while flying over Germany (Orbx) I just discovered (let me not bore you with a long story) that it is very nice to know what you are seeing down there. Since I use Plan-G to plot my VFR GA plans and since that map shows names of cities, rivers, etc. it seemed the best option to use Plan-G for this purpose. However, I can't figure out how to connect Plan-G to P3D v4.0... Whenever I click on the Connect button nothing happens. Or well, the Disconnect button is activated but after a few seconds I hear a beep and the Connect button is on again. Anyone knows how to do this?

NEVER MIND! FOUND IT! I didn't read the manual well enough. My bad.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Can I be cheeky and ask what you did to fix it. 

I have the same issue but struggling to turn the manual into results. 

1 hour ago, TMorel said:

Can I be cheeky and ask what you did to fix it. 

I have the same issue but struggling to turn the manual into results. 

Sure, but take note that this is for using Plan-G on the same computer as P3D. If you want to use it over a network, you will have to read the manual again anyway. :happy:

For use on the same computer open Plan-G, go to File > Options > FS Connection and use these settings.

General:
Connect with: SimConnect.

SimConnectSettings:
Netword Mode: select Pipe
FSX Computer: type localhost
Server Portp/Pipe should be totally empty

That's it!

Thank you !
I haven't changed anything, those are exactly the same settings I already had, but it's suddenly working :)

Sure, it's possible that re-installing for the 4.1 upgrade may have been what fixed it,  but for now I'll give you the credit.

1 hour ago, TMorel said:

Thank you !
I haven't changed anything, those are exactly the same settings I already had, but it's suddenly working :)

Sure, it's possible that re-installing for the 4.1 upgrade may have been what fixed it,  but for now I'll give you the credit.

Haha, thank you! :biggrin: