Sign in to follow this  
vacica

B200 X-plane flight director issue

Hi,

I've just purchased Carenado's B200 King Air for X-plane but I have problem with autopilot (flight director). In both NAV and heading modes flight director leads aircraft to completely different direction that is set by heading bug or is taken from GPS. When I change assigned heading, flight director reacts but its heading is completely different from the correct one. Other aircrafts I've tried behave correctly. Does anyone experiences the same or knows how to fix this?

I wanted to add some pictures but I don't know how.

I know this is an old topic but believe me still relevant... I found the solution and it works 100... Solved by Daniel

Here below the answer of Carenado support for this kind of issue

"X-Plane now automatically randomizes the gyro drift when starting from cold and dark. Here are two ways to work around it for now:

A) Assign a keyboard key or joystick button to Nav & Radios --> Indicators --> "vacuum DG sync to magnetic north". Simply press that key or button after the plane has loaded, and that should sync the gyro drift.

B) Alternately, you can edit the aircraft's .acf file to permanently fix this (we'll release this fix in an upcoming version) :
0. Make a backup of the plane.
1. Open the "Car_B200.acf" file in a simple text editor like "Notepad++" for Windows, or "Text Wrangler" or "BBEdit" for Mac.

2. Search for "P acf/_otto_ah_source_type". You should find two lines, like this:
P acf/_otto_ah_source_type 12
P acf/_otto_dg_source_type 12

3. Change the "12" at the end of both lines to "11", like this:

P acf/_otto_ah_source_type 11
P acf/_otto_dg_source_type 11

4. Save the file.

Now when you load the plane in XP11.10, the autopilot should follow the HSI, no matter what the vacuum drift dataref says. This same fix should also work on other planes that end up having this issue."