Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

NVIDIA DSR Shrinks Menus in X-Plane 11

While using the DSR setting in the NVIDIA control panel to simulate a real  4K video in X_-Plane 11.1b4, all of the menus shrank down to almost unreadable limits This was even after setting up the icons/fonts to 300% in the Windows 10 desktop.

My 40 inch Samsung TV/monitor is only a 1080p model but I have been using the upgrade/trick found on line to plug in a blank formatted USB memory stick into the TV so that it has enough memory to process the 4K video. Not 100% sure this actually works, but 4K videos look very nice even though the screen resolution say 1080p.

After setting the video card to the X 4 DSR setting and resetting it to the new 2160 (4K) setting, that is when I get the extremely small menus in X-plane 11. I thought people have said that when using larger 4K screens, this shrunken video problem does not happen.

My video card is a GTX 980 and I would like to see if it could run X-plane in 4K on a 50 to 55 inch TV. That is the reason for this little experiment. It looks like the GTX 980 ,night work, but will I need to still run in the DSR mode or do I need to upgrade to a GTX 1080 and a real 4K TV?

Any ideas on how to make the menus inside X-plane readable? The page where you make all of the sim setting will not go any higher resolution than 200% and it seems as though that does not control the menus while flying.

Terry

Guess no one has had a similar problem.

My fix was to go back to the native resolution of 1920 x 1080p and wait till the 4k issue can be solved by the software people or those building the 4K and higher resolution TV/monitors.

Terry