Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

S & A keys, similar to Max's problem

I didn't want to hijack Max's thread so here goes.

I use S - View (Next Category) and A - (Next in Current Category) A LOT.

They're even assigned to buttons on my Saitek yoke.  But I'm seeing some very odd behavior here in this latest version.

I use S to go to View, then A to Spot, A again to Locked Spot, then A again to go to FyBy, then A yet again to go to Top-Down.  This no longer works unless I manually go to the P3D4.1's View menus and choose spot, then I can cycle through the views.  BUT, the minute I choose a predefined CP view I had already set up, my familiar S & A setup no longer works.

Here's my notes I took just now in A2A's 182 as a test:

Choose View - Change View - Outside Spot, THEN it will allow me to cycle through Spot, Locked Spot, FlyBy, and Top-Down using the A key.  But if I choose a CP view I have currently set up then go to Spot using the S key then try to cycle through views with the A key it's stuck on one view.  The ONLY way to get it back to the way I'm used to is to manually use P3D's view menu.

I don't like this, can you PLEASE change it back or give us a choice?  Why did you take away a core P3D view function?  I NEED the S & A keys.

Jack Sawyer