CAG2

Replay System Playback Speed

Hello,

There is an issue with the Chaseplane replay system. When slowing down the playback speed to 0.5 or 0.25, the simulator sim rates are not slowed down to the correct speed.

In case the devs didn't know, the 'half speed' and 'slowest' simrates in fsx/p3d slow the simulator down to 0.75 and 0.5 respectively (it is misleading I know). Slowing down the Chaseplane playback speed to 0.5 will set the simrate to 'half speed' which is a speed of 0.75, and the same issue happens when setting the playback speed to 0.25 in Chaseplane. This means that 'preset' animations (ie. armed spoilers extending on the ground, but not ailerons or elevators handled by chaseplane) would play faster than intended, which is not good for movie makers. Remember, the playback speed in Chaseplane only affects the movement of the aircraft, ailerons, thrust etc. and the simrate affects animations like spoilers.

For example, I set the chaseplane playback speed to 0.25. The plane would move at 0.25 speed, however, the animations would play back at 0.5 speed.

Sorry if I'm not clear about what I'm saying; I'm not the best at explaining things.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!