snpower

Milviz F-4 J/S Questions: Navigation, Operation, Software

I thought I'd group all my questions into one post.

First off: MVAMS or ACM? They both configure (mostly the same) settings?

Second: En-Route Navigation. I default to 'Ready To Fly' and have also selected Auto Position Update and Auto Waypoint Sequence options. I have watched a YouTube tutorial on the INS; not having much luck here. I can navigate to a VORTAC whose channel I manually input, and that is about it. I don't see a Target 2 position on the INS?? (S Model)

Approaches: With the ILS sytem powered on, and a correct frequency set via MVAMS, I get the correct morse identifier and also course deviation needle on the HSI. On my attitude indicator I get glideslope info but the localizer needle is off to the left.

Third: Autopilot. I know it is a basic system but I cannot get it to follow heading or to switch from couple to engage. I read about a test switch but have not been able to locate.

Fourth: Turn Radius with NWS. I have NWS mapped to a joystick button... I can see the noswheel turn, but even with diff. braking the radius seems limited (esp for carrier ops). What I see externally is that I can pivot the nosewheel to an almost 90 degree off center position but as soon as I start moving the angle decreases quite a bit. The rudder moves as well, which I don't think should happen - but perhaps that is just a programming issue.

Thanks in advance...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You'll have to get on the support forums for these questions... As per page one of the manual.

Thanks.