Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

New 4K TV for monitor Icons and menu bar really tiny

Just popped for Samsung 40" 4K TV for monitor.Running 3400(?) resolution.Set res in FSX for same and picture is great.My desktop icons and FS menu bar is very very small.If I change res pictures is distorted.How do I enlarge icons so my wife will not notice new TV?Old one was an old 32" Visio so not much different in size.Do not think she will notice if icons are same as before.HaHa.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Use Win10 scaling ... in Search type in "Scaling" select "Change the size of text, apps, other items" ... now locate Scale and Layout section ... change the dropdown under "Change the size and text, apps, and other items" from 100% (recommended) to your desired scale, 125%, 150%, etc.

Note, this does reduce your available desktop real estate but it does make your text and icons larger and appear much more "crisp" and "clear".

This "shouldn't" impact games/sims, but it depends on how the game/sim is coded ... if it does, then you'll have to remember to scale back to 100% prior to running your game/sim.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank you.I did that and desktop good.Then changed res in FS and now it looks good.Great picture compared to old Visio and ACER 28" monitor.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.