Sign in to follow this  
Dave-W

Update X-Plane Navdata

Hi Alex

I recently changed from using FSX to X-Plane 11 ver 11.05 as my main Flight Sim and have just discovered Little NavMap which I have up and running on my PC together with XPlane 11. My what a wonderful piece of software you have written it really is quite awesome in content and in lots of ways quite similar to EFB that I used to use with FSX, I am blown away with its potential.

I have a question that I am hoping you can answer for me, it may well have been asked previously, my apologies if it has. I am using Airac Cycle 1702 provided by Navdata which is held within the X-Plane 11/Custom Data/GNS430 folder, file contents are the usual navdata/Proc, Airports, ATS, cycle_info, Navaids, Waypoints.

Little NavMap came with Navigraph Airac Cycle 1707 the details of which look as if they may be held in C/Users/User/Appdata/Roaming/ABarthel/little_navmap_db, but contained within various sqlite files, not the usual navdata files listed above and contained within my copy of X-Plane 11.

Is there any way that I can use my Navdata Airac Cycle 1702 with Little NavMap to ensure continuity between all aspects of my Flight Planning and Airplanes etc by using the same Airac Cycle throughout?.

If this is not possible, what is the best way please for me to use the same Airac Cycle within all the components I have running within X-Plane 11 including Little NavMap.

Thank you so much for the time I am sure you have invested in Little NavMap it really is excellent.

I look forward to your response in due course.

Best regards

Dave-W

Hi Dave,

for updated navdata in X-Plane I read:

.../Custom Data/CIFP/*.dat
.../Custom Data/earth_awy.dat
.../Custom Data/earth_fix.dat
.../Custom Data/earth_nav.dat

That's where the Navigraph or Aerosoft updates normally go when you update the whole X-Plane. I think the GNS430 folder is an old path which is kept for compatibility with 10. The whole structure for 11 is described here.

Edit: The best way to keep everything updated is to get a new AIRAC cycle and let the Navigraph FMS Data Manager update both X-Plane and LNM. Then everything is consistent.

Edit 2: Split off the topic from the other too generic one.

Alex

Edited by albar965