Sign in to follow this  
torontorob

Parking Brake Release

Hi, I am looking to have the 737 start up at the gate with Avionics on, but engines off. I noticed I can do this by going into the FMC, and loading a "Short Haul" cockpit. With this selection it places my 737 at my desired airport at the gate, doors open, parking brake on and engines off. I can close all the doors, I can start the engines, but I cannot disengage the parking brake. Is there a bug in the system or am I missing a step somewhere. To disengage the parking brake, I can use my goflight module, or press CTL +, or toggle the parking brake lever on the PMDG throttle quadrant. On the latter, the red parking brake light goes out, but on my monitor display it shows that parking brakes are still engaged. If I try to accelerate, the plane will not move. If there is a better way to get the set up I am looking for, at the gate avionics on, engines off, please let me know as well. Thanks in advance  Rob

Rob Singer

P3DV4, PMDG 737 NGX

1 minute ago, torontorob said:

Hi, I am looking to have the 737 start up at the gate with Avionics on, but engines off. I noticed I can do this by going into the FMC, and loading a "Short Haul" cockpit. With this selection it places my 737 at my desired airport at the gate, doors open, parking brake on and engines off. I can close all the doors, I can start the engines, but I cannot disengage the parking brake. Is there a bug in the system or am I missing a step somewhere. To disengage the parking brake, I can use my goflight module, or press CTL +, or toggle the parking brake lever on the PMDG throttle quadrant. On the latter, the red parking brake light goes out, but on my monitor display it shows that parking brakes are still engaged. If I try to accelerate, the plane will not move. If there is a better way to get the set up I am looking for, at the gate avionics on, engines off, please let me know as well. Thanks in advance  Rob

Rob Singer

P3DV4, PMDG 737 NGX

Rob,

Please go over the introduction manual. Most probably you have not released the chocks

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com