Sign in to follow this  
Philipei

Possible resolution conflicts

Hi,

My setup includes:

i7-7700 4.2GHz - not overclocked

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080

32GB (4x8) DDR4

Enclosed cockpit with 4 Monitors - 3 for external views, 1 for instruments.

I use 3 AOC 2369 monitors for the side views and the instrument panel - 1920 x 1080 , 60 Hz, and the resolution is fine. I use a large, c.37 inch, pretty old (maybe 10 years) full HD 1920 x 1080, Philips TV for the front screen and the resolution on it is noticeably poorer, but tolerable. (I don't use the full 37 inch screen but a reduced size window on it for the front view which suits my cockpit layout.) I intend to change to a new  monitor for the front screen in the immediate future - ideally 34 inch, but possibly I will have to settle for 32 inch. 

My question is about choice of resolution. Is it workable to add a higher resolution monitor for the front view into the multi monitor setup, for instance a 2560 x 1440, 75 Hz, and will FSX ( and P3Dv4) allow that monitor to be operated at the higher resolution while the 3 AOCs are operating at 1920 x 1080? I'm a little uneasy about mixing resolutions. If anyone has  knowledge in this area your advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance and happy flying,

Philip