Sign in to follow this  
Meekg

FAQ

Here's a few quick answers to your questions:

Q: I get very poor frame rate

A: RealLight is particularly demanding on the GPU. Try to lower your RealLight resolution from the Load Manager/Setup/Simulator Options.

Q: Can the Maddog X be installed in a folder other than Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons?

A: No, the Maddog X must be installed in your Documents folder on your main disc.

Q: Are you planning to develop other variants or cockpit layouts?

A: We would love to be able to develop all variants, but it is simply not feasible in terms of time, resources, available documentation. The MD-80 came in so many different variants we would never be able to develop them all, so we'd rather stick to one and continue to improve it.

Q: Is the shared cockpit working?

A: As previously announced the shared cockpit function is not going to be included in the first release but it's definitely at the top of our priority list for a future SP1.

Q: The aircraft does not decelerate when at IDLE thrust

A: In certain phases of the flight the LOW LIM function of the autothrottle system does not retard the thrust levers all the way to IDLE. If you wish to retard the thrust levers use the F1 key or retard your thrust axis in order to obtain idle thrust.

Q: The aircraft taxi by itself without adding power.

A: This is normal. At certain weights the aircraft moves upon break release. As per Standard Operating Procedures, at high weights you might require a temporary spool up to 40% to 50% N1 in order to move. Use brakes to maintain speed below 20kts. Avoid riding the brakes and monitor your brakes temperature.

Q: Altimeters do not show the correct altitudes.

A: The Maddog X simulates realistic barometric altimeters errors according to pressure altitude. Check that your altimeters are within operational limits as per the operating limitation section of the aircraft manual.

Q: During climb I get a “cabin altitude” warning.

A: Make sure both pilots windows are closed and locked and the air conditioning/pressurization system is set correctly.

Q: I cannot see the effects (contrails, vaportrails, wing condensation, windows fog).

A: The effects are designed to be very dynamic, they activate and change intensity according to environmental conditions (temperature, humidity, speed range). E.g. You are more likely to see vaportrails during winter, engine contrails at high latitudes and altitudes; TrueGlass windows fog is a function of OAT and Dew Point.

Q: Are legacy lights available for those who don't want to use dynamic lights?

A: Yes, you can choose your preference from the Load Manager.

Q: My windows get fogged up.

A: The windows heating system is wired as per the real aircraft. The WINDSHIELD ANTI-ICE heats up the front 3 windows only, while the WINDSHIELD ANTI-FOG heats up all the windows. Use them as required to de-fog the windows.

Q: Autobrake won't arm

A: In order to arm the autobrake landing gear must be down and flaps must be in landing configuration (28/40).

Q: How do I select altitudes in 100ft increments?

A: Either use the center mouse wheel button or hold TAB key.

Q: I cannot select TO FLX?

A: Make sure you select TO FLX on the TRP and set the ART OFF

Edited by Meekg
  • Upvote 3

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif