Sign in to follow this  
stinger2k2

Problem with separate instrument window

Hi all,

I have a 4 screen setup. 2 for the main view and 2 for the G1000 PFD and MFD.

to display the pfd and mfd i open two additional intrument view windows, undock them, then drag them onto their respective 10inch monitors.

Here is my problem:-

when i open up the additional instrument view the window appears on my main screen, displaying correctly. But when i drag them onto the 10 inch monitor they go totally black. If I drag them back onto my main screen they display ok again. it is like my video card does not have enough memory however i use a 16gb gtx1070 so i would have thought that should be ok.

Could it be lack of main pc ram?

My setup:

2x24inch monitors for main view

2x10inch monitors for instrument views

intel i5 @ 3.8ghz

gtx1070 8gb

8gb ram

250gb ssd

windows 10

What aircraft are you trying this with?  Have you tried it with others?  I'm wondering if there is a limitation with your particular aircraft (or all of them) where dragging a 2D instrument out of the main cockpit window just doesn't work.

As I understand it, the typical approach is to deploy a second computer with something like Project Magenta, then read the FSUIPC data from the sim, get that through an I/O board (or LAN in some cases) and over to the second PC, where the data will drive the Magenta instrument.  I'm not entirely sure about my description here, but basically the instrument data is offloaded to a different instrument package.

BUT -- I'm with you, man.  If you could just drag the instrument that came with the payware to a different screen, that would be super simple...

(a little later...) So, yeah, you can drag instruments around.  Just did it with my iFly 738.  Maybe it's the monitors?  Can you undock and drag instruments between the two main monitors?

Edited by mjl1966
more info

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

The future has spoken.