Sign in to follow this  
Michael235

In-flight ATC and AI traffic

After upgrading to 4.2 (client and content) I no longer have ATC after departure (only the nearest airport option is available) and no AI traffic which appears or disappears  about 10 miles from the departure and arrival airports. How can this be fixed without having to do a full reinstall? I have already tried the repair option for both client and content and I did delete the shaders and CFG after the upgrade.

Michael Jones

Michael A. Jones

signature-light.png

Michael,

Have the same problem a few days ago. With help from Jean-Claude and Falcon AF the problem was solved.

Read my post here:

Richard,

Thanks for your reply.

It appear I have a rogue scenery. ATC and AI worked fine under 4.1. The problem was noticed after the 4.2 upgrade without any new scenery installed. I will start uninstalling scenes and hopefully find the rogue one. As a last resort I will have to do a full re-install.

Michael Jones

Michael A. Jones

signature-light.png

After a extensive search I was unable to find a scenery that caused the lost of ATC and AI traffic in fight. Rather than do a full P3D install I followed the Orbx suggestion to remove the five generated files/folder, one of the topics describe in the link below. I backed up the scenery CFG before deleting it, restored my scenes by copying the details over to the new CFG file and changing the numbers to put them in sequence. Now everything works.

Michael A. Jones

signature-light.png

Michael,

Glad to hear you are flying again!