Sign in to follow this  
Richbro

Is this a simConnect problem?

I had, until recently, both FSX and P3DV3.4 installed. Due to a scenery issue (installing Guernsey) that caused FSX to crash, I uninstalled the sim out of sheer frustration. That was 2 weeks ago and, after finding time to take a deep breath I reinstalled both FSX and the scenery. However, in doing so this seems to have caused another issue, particularly with the Saitek Multi,Radio and Switch panels. The saitek yoke ,rudders and throttles are OK but the panels don't fire up with the P3D or FSX sims.

Once again, more heated moments lead me to uninstall FSX etc.in the hopes that at least P3D would be OK on its own. Not so, as still no joy with the panels.

USB's checked, USB hub checked, panels (in All Programs) checked under test so all are powered up. The only thing I can think of is simConnect which new territory for me. I've downloaded the excellent P3D guide and all  that should be there is there except, perhaps, the simConnect INI files which is as the follows:-

Level=Off

Console=0

;OutPutDebugString=0

;file=c:\SimConnect%3u.log

;file_next_index=1

;RediredtStdoutToConsole=0

If this is anything significant I'd appreciate some guidance as to what needs to change. If not then perhaps any other suggestion to get those panels working again would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Richard.

After much head scratching and YouTube visits it appears the issue has its roots elsewhere.

Thanks for looking anyway.

Richard.