Sign in to follow this  
2wheelsup

Fuel issue on the Kodiak

I've had the Kodiak for a couple of years now and just never noticed this before because I would only use it for very short flights.  I started using it to fly in Hawaii and noticed when I load up the fuel for 100% using the fuel and payload section of FSX (acceleration) I only get 737lbs of fuel which is a little more than 1/4 full.  I can't get a full tank. I have it installed on the same computer as before.

Also, I can only get about a 200 mile range flying about 178mph.  Is this normal?

Thanks,

Alan

Edited by 2wheelsup
update

Got it figured out.  In the aircraft config file I found this line

Airfile set by William Ortis, copyright April 2009\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\  55 Gallon fuel AI Use
/////////////////////////////////////Build 2.6\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Don't know where it came from but after I revised the fuel portion back to 160 I got a full tank of fuel.  Of coarse I don't get the full payload but now I know why I only had a little fuel.   I just need to balance fuel, payload, and range.  Might have to load up on fuel along the way.