Sign in to follow this  
LevelMind

Increasing ZFW/GW

Hi,

What source, other than manual input, can change the Zero Fuel Weight/Gross weight value in the PMDG 737 (at the payload page in the FMC)? I have seen this value increase by itself while at stand in certain weather conditions.

Thanks.

/Marcus Haraldsson

1 hour ago, LevelMind said:

I have seen this value increase by itself while at stand in certain weather conditions.

Something is likely trying to simulate ice.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you for the response! I was actually thinking it was something along those lines.

I may add that this is only occuring while I have Active Sky running (in certain weather conditions, as I previously mentioned), together with the PMDG 737.

Now, the strange think about this, and what makes this a slight issue on my behalf, is that during e.g. snow, my Gross Weight tends to increase by about 1 ton (sometimes slightly less) in 10 minutes, and just keeps on getting higher and higher. So, from when I've calculated my Takeoff Performance, to when I actually take off, my weight may have increase to more than 1 ton...

I also discussed this quickly with a real world pilot, at which he said, this would not happen IRL.

Any thoughts, or solutions?

Thanks.
/Marcus Haraldsson

6 minutes ago, LevelMind said:

Any thoughts, or solutions?

If it's only happening with a weather add-on, then I suggest reaching out to the developer of that weather add-on.

As far as the weight accumulation, keep in mind that getting the sim isn't really modeling disturbed airflow. As such, it's a lot easier to make the plane heavier than it is to get the sim to understand changes in the wing's ability to lift.

Kyle Rodgers