Sign in to follow this  
Cactus521

More of the Xplane11 Aerobask Eclipse 550

I was reading a thread about the Aerobask Diamond DA62 which brought me to their website, which helped me find their Eclipse 550.  It is without a doubt my favorite payware title among my P3D and Xplane aircraft, the avionics are just amazing, entering a flightplan is easy enough for a novice yet the flight management system is full featured.  You can enter a flightplan, your cruise altitude and preferred cruise climb speed, and as soon as you are wheels up and flaps retracted you can let the autopilot take some of the workload off of you while you handle the comms, a real pleasure to fly.  It's flight envelope lets you rotate at 80 knots, cruise at 340 to 350 KTAS, getting you there away from the congested airports, like you would expect from a Very Light Jet.   A lot of fun and a pleasure to hand fly on takeoff and final approach.

John

6TLTstF.png
7rG6EFs.png
izlrrAi.png
AJHVSdb.png
BrlwKWx.png
XzZjfhl.png
h5mFhqk.png
mv4uIQs.png
jVJrYsi.png
1TxSKnD.png

• Like 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Great looking shots...I see the lava flows up near Baker California!

HLJAMES

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HLJames said:

Great looking shots...I see the lava flows up near Baker California!

HLJAMES

I love the source I used for my Ortho scenery, USA_2 because I feel its colors are more natural than MSE, plus the resolution is one notch higher than MSE, and there are no copyright issues.  MSE is still nice because with the addition of my P3D Oregon scenery I made with FSE, I have a wider coverage of the western US out to the Kansas/Colorado border (using my Colorado scenery I made and placed in Avsim's library some years ago).

MSE's coverage of Nevada and Utah, Arizona and New Mexico(v2 of course) is a bit better than California, colors are better.  But MSE has color matching issues, you can tell when you enter a different state because their colors do not match.  Sadly, they discontinued their V2 support, I wanted to get Montana, Wyoming, Oregon, Idaho and Washington, but all were discontinued in favor of their V3 product.  I did not need the higher res of V3 and wanted products that would have res continuity like my Ortho/Xplane scenery does, but I am still happy with what I have.  Both sims serve me well, I go thru my Xplane phase, then when I want a new aircraft from my Carenado/Alabeo/Justflight library, I load P3D.

John