Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Some of the roots of our 3D sims today... They were the first...

https://www.es.com/about/

I read a book about this company, they made amazing sims back in the days of Sublogic/Microsoft flightsims.  They made their sims on mega computers, sims that match what we run on our desktops today with Xplane11, P3DV4, etc.... which shows how powerful desktops have become.

Their sims go way back when in the days of Huey Lewis and the News and Back to the Future (I knew Huey thru my hotel profession, met him many times, he was a member of my timeshare resort somewhere in California, won't say where because he still goes there, *hotelier honor code*).  Take a peak or google/wiki who they are.

Just enjoying my retirement and having a fun time sharing my hobby that keeps me from going insane with boredom.  Thanks for giving me the grace of writing here.

John

Thanks John for sparking a fond memory. Growing up in SLC and had a very good high school friend, who was then leading a project at E&S that simulated the F4 Phantom.   He granted me the opportunity for a grand tour of the facility. (Middle to late 80's if I recall correctly.)  Anyway, I got the grand tour including a demo flight albeit at a keyboard, not in the dome which was being serviced.  They were toying with projection in the helmets (VR back then I guess) but settled with the dome due to other constraints. Also got to view some video promo material of their current work  that blew me away at the time.  I was already into simming  (Spectrum Holobyte Falcon on Amiga or earlier 8088s) and found myself wishing for something similar in my home.   I can say that day has arrived when playing my favorite desktop flight sims. Late 80's E&S looks a little dated and wouldn't fit in my home anyway.

Mike