After v2.0.2 update, AI aircraft only update with mouse interaction?

After updating to V2.0.2 (in a network configuration) the AI aircraft (connected to P3D V4.2) will only update their position when I either zoom or click on the map.  Made a quick unlisted video demonstrating the problem:

I'm running a 3 monitor setup with several windows un-docked and positioned on my other monitors.  The video is from my primary monitor that has the main map window.  As you can see I have to click or zoom on the map window to see the AI aircraft update, otherwise they stay stationary (position not being updated).  I was not having this issue with the prior version, only with v2.0.2.

I tried adjusting aircraft update frequency (Low, Medium, High) but that didn't work.  Also tried operating on single monitor with all windows docked but that didn't make a difference.

Windows 10 Pro (build 17134).

GPU is nVidia 1080Ti (drivers 398.11)

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: also tried re-installing the VC++ 2013 runtimes for both 32bit and 64bit but that didn't help unfortunately

EDIT 2: Also tried different services "OpenTopoMap" but problem remains ... oddly if I try on another networked PC everything works as expected.  Disabled firewall completely that didn't have any impact.  Made another video here demonstrating the same issue but hopefully more obvious ... as you can see the just doing a mouse over on the navigation arrows would trigger a map update.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Rob,

thank you for the detailed report.

This is a known issue, I've got more reports about it and I hope I have it fixed now. It has nothing to do with the MSVC redist or filewall settings.

This is a bug I introduced when adding new features in the map update.

Can you post a screenshot of the options dialog tab "Simulator Aircraft" for both computers?

I'd like to see what settings you use for the aircraft update.

I guess you don't mind if I send you a release candidate for the 2.0.3 when I have one ready.

Alex

Edit: Try different settings in the options dialog tab "Simulator Aircraft". Especially uncheck "Do not use box mode" if checked.

Edited by albar965
Comment about box mode

Hi Alex,

Many thanks for the prompt response.  If I check the "Do not use box mode for following the aircraft..." option (per your suggestion), the AI aircraft update on the map as expected.  Thank you for the hint for work around, it indeed solves the issue:

I'd be happy to test out a new RC.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks, Rob.

I have to check again with different settings if it is really fixed.

BTW: Best bug report I've ever seen.:smile:

Alex

Hi Alex,

You’ve put considerable work into your product so I figure I should at least make a gesture of effort in return beyond my donation.

It’s a tool I enjoy and use almost daily.

Cheers Rob

Hi Alex,

Update on this issue, the Zoom level also appears to have some impact on whether not the AI aircraft positions update regardless of the option selection "Do not use box mode for following the aircraft..."  Quick video that demonstrates the issue with Zoom:

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

checked my development version with different zoom, stationary user aircraft, different settings and it seems to be fixed now.

I try to update the map as rarely as possible in the code. Therefore I check for aircraft visibility, position changes and other parameters. Something went wrong when I added the new options.

I hope I can release a 2.0.3.rc soon but real life interjects as usual this time of the year. 🍒🍓🍏

Alex