Sign in to follow this  
kokatepranot

Textures for FS Global Real Weather

Hi

I have AS for P3Dv4 and ASCA - I wanted a new real time weather engine as ASP3Dv4 hits my fps. So I downloaded FSGRW - looks good and no hit on frames but I am wondering if its loading any textures - sky/cloud/water etc?

I have ASCA and ENVTEX textures - now sure how to (or if I can?) integrate ASCA/ENVTEX textures with FSGRW?

Many thanks!

FSGRW simply uses what is available in the sim. So if you install ASCA and/or ENVTEX textures they will be used by FSGRW.

However, FSGRW won't load textures from those addons on the fly in real time: that's something only AS can do with ASCA (and ENVTEX sky textures if you enabled the option in ENVTEX to let ASCA do that).

So for FSGRW you simply have to pick texture sets in ASCA and/or ENVTEX yourself before starting the sim.

BTW No need to do that everytime! In this case a set you install into P3D stays active indefenitely and won't be changed or altered until you decide to do so yourself.

4 minutes ago, kokatepranot said:

an I use REXSF3D? I have installed REX textures, but FSGRW just does not pick those textures!

Then either you haven't installed it correctly or you are mistaken and it is using them. The weather engines don't "pick" the textures and in many cases, the textures are replaced entirely, so it can't magically conjure up the old textures. The weather engine simply interprets METAR data and sends it to the sim, which then uses the available resources to create the visuals.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB