Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

Fifty North and wingviews

Hi Bruce,As far as wingviews. For me it is just something I enjoy using when flying for now. Maybe next month I may switch back to the side views. Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest ThrottleUp

Carl,I havent tweaked them yet but yea sure, heres what you are looking for - Look in the aircraft.cfg under the [lights] section. Here are the bits we are interested in (the strobes):[LIGHTS] //Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landinglight.2 = 2, -58.4081656, 0.00, 7.4506968, fx_strobeh ,light.3 = 2, -17.3193432, -47.3695088, 3.1954992, fx_strobeh ,light.4 = 2, -17.3193432, 47.3695088, 3.1954992, fx_strobeh ,You can see from the above that the name of the strobe-light effect is:fx_strobehIt is an effect file (ending in .fx) so you need to go to the Effects folder of FS9.Arrange the files by name to make things easier. Look carefully and you will find this effects file which will be named:fx_strobeh.fxMake a backup copy of this. Now open notepad and *DRAG* the fx_strobeh.fx file into it to open it.It is *this* that you have to tweak (what John was talking about). Im still working on it though! What we are trying to do is make the strobe-lights visible on the wingviews (currently they are not).Hope that helps :)

Nevin,Thanks for a most informative description of what needs to be done. I have a long way to go in learning the ends and outs of FS9 and computers. When I went to school all we had was "slide rules". I learn something new most everytime I read this forum. Carl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest ThrottleUp

Carl,Anytime :) FS9 is easily one of the most tweakable programs around. Almost always if you find you dont like something, want to change something or wanna move something around - you can tweak it.You can even change the behaviour of a plane (you can give your Cessna rocket-like performance) mruahahahahaa http://www.planet-smilies.de/teufel/teufel_024.gifAnd whats more you can do these things with simple a little program everyone has: NotepadJust remember the important rule: before you fiddle with anything..make a backup!! (I've learned that the hard way lol)