53teamK

HUD stopped working

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I installed the P3D v4.3 update, and the HUD stopped working on the 737. Even when I set up the runway length/elevation on the center pedestal, the HUD display comes down, but nothing is showing.

Can anyone help, please? Any thoughts? Should I uninstall and re-install 737NGX?

Thank you,

Andrew Beranek

Edited by scandinavian13

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, 53teamK said:

Hi all,

I installed the P3D v4.3 update, and the HUD stopped working on the 737. Even when I set up the runway length/elevation on the center pedestal, the HUD display comes down, but nothing is showing.

Can anyone help, please? Any thoughts? Should I uninstall and re-install 737NGX?

Thank you,

Andrew Beranek

Please open a ticket through support.precisionmanuals.com protal and attach your dll.xml which is located in  C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4  in the ticket to look at it. Most probably something got corrupted there. ( You will need to enable the option "Show hidden files and folders" in the Windows View or Folder settings and disable the option "Hide extensions for known file types" in order to see these folders and files. )

Edited by scandinavian13
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Please open a ticket through support.precisionmanuals.com protal and attach your dll.xml which is located in  C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4  in the ticket to look at it. Most probably something got corrupted there. ( You will need to enable the option "Show hidden files and folders" in the Windows View or Folder settings and disable the option "Hide extensions for known file types" in order to see these folders and files. )

Hi Chris,

thank you for your reply.
Your reply pointed me in the right direction. For some reason, the dll.xml had no reference to the PMDG HUD system. So I just uninstalled and re-installed the 737 NGX and all is good now. I made a back-up copy of the xml file just in case 😊

Andrew

• Upvote 1