Sign in to follow this  
Guest oyvindhansen

Selling international flight return tickets?

Hi guys, I have a question for ya'll.In September I'm heading of to Japan for a year. Which is all fine and dandy. I've secured a decent (but not GREAT) price on my ticket, which is about 760$ Canadian, return. The thing is, the return flight must be within 60 days. I have no plans on returning within 60 days.Is it possible to sell the return portion of my ticket to someone who wants to come back to Canada?I do remember being asked for ID at security/gate checks several times before while presenting my ticket, so I'm a little confused about this. I'd like to make some money back off this ticket and might as well make someone happy by giving them a cheap way back home. But is it legal / easy to do?ThanksCory

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No. I don't think they'll let you check in if the name on the ticket is different from the name on the passport. The airlines won't let you resell the ticket either, as that would mean competition for their own expensive business class tickets, in addition to the obvious concerns about security.-