Sign in to follow this  
Guest ap9dm1

help corruption

I am not sure if there was one event in particular that i recall that caused my recent crash of msfs 9.1, but I now know it is a mess and wont start, After hours of trying to install and reinstall, the thing wont start and only gives me the intial blank start up screen and nothing elseMy computer is a powerful machine that just slowly declined over the part week ( no virus) , the major indication was that fs just became more hesitant in its actionsThe obvious thing is to completely reinstall but that is a huge job , given the extent of addons and given i am running things on two machines.Is there any repair tool for fs, similar to other ms programs, or is the uninstall the only option,, are there any scan tools that will outline and report a problemLastly, i have had fs9 since it came out and one of my disks must have a tiny scrtch on a scenery file , because it will not load. Is there a resource to find these original files online , I hate to buy another copy of fs when we are so close to the new release.Peter kofman

Guest ap9dm1

Sounds bad. You could try Flightsim Manager as a start. It can examine your FS setup. Or you could also try deleting (take a backup) of your FS9.CFG file and try starting FS9 again - it will build if from scratch.Del.