Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

Add-Ons

Guest n40wl

I need some guidance on downloading add-on aircraft. I have a couple websites i can go to. I tried downloading the other day, but i was unsuccessful. My computer told me the download was succesful, but I could not get the aircraft into FS. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest RonB49

>I need some guidance on downloading add-on aircraft. I have>a couple websites i can go to. I tried downloading the other>day, but i was unsuccessful. My computer told me the download>was succesful, but I could not get the aircraft into FS. Any>help would be appreciated. Thanks.More specifics would be helpful. Was the file that you downloaded a *.zip file or a *.exe file? If it is a *.exe, then it should self-install if you double click it. If it is a *.zip file, then did the file unzip successfully? If the answer is yes, then you should find a README file in the new folder created by the unzip process. The README should tell you what files to copy and where to place them within the FS folder structure.R-

The Basic principles are pretty straight forward.When I download an aircraft, I always unzip the file to a temporary folder in C:Unzipped although the temporary folder can be anywhere you like. When you open the downloaded unzipped file in the temporary folder, you will usually find a readme file with some instructions and other comments, the aircraft folder with model, panel, sound, and textures folders as well as the AIR and aircraft.cfg files inside as a minimum. The aircraft folder will be named ( usually with the name of the aircraft) and the other folders should be inside that folder. Example:DC 9 30 ------>Model ------>Panel ------>texture ------>Soundetc.Moving the named aircraft folder, in this example DC 9 30 to the FS9Aircraft Folder should result in the aircraft appearing in the FS9 list and you should be able to load it up and fly.As noted above, and .EXE file ( or executable) should install with just a simple click on the file if you have a default FS9 installation. Otherwise you may have to show the installer the path to your FS9 main folder.Be sure you are not trying to unzip a zipped aircraft directly into FS9; that doesn't always work.Hope that helps.Ed GreenKCLThttp://www.panelshop.com/Banners/DEV.jpg

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg