Sign in to follow this  
Beener

Stuck on 4.2 with no rainmaker effects

I bought the 747-8 expansion but I'm going to have to live without the rainmaker effects.  Since 4.3 came out I've been unable to get P3d4 4.3 working with uninstalling the 4.2 client and installing 4.3 client.  I've read everything surrounding this but it just stays stuck on the splash screen.  I deleted the dll, scenery, cfg, moved the addon.xml files out of the folder, deleted shaders, moved the planes out of the airplanes folder.  I've run out of options other than a fresh install and I really don't want to do that again as I did it with 4.2 and it takes forever with all my addons.  Anybody have any ideas otherwise I'm stuck with no rainmaker effects.

Norm.

Had the same thing. For me it was a missing scenery. I used Scenery Config Editor to find which one and just disabled it, loaded fine after that. HTH

I just updated without deleting, deactivating or anything else. 

Paul McGhee

Line pilot

9 minutes ago, MateloT said:

Had the same thing. For me it was a missing scenery. I used Scenery Config Editor to find which one and just disabled it, loaded fine after that. HTH

How do you identify which one it is?  I'm using the addon organizer.

NOrm.

if i recall it was really obvious in Scenery Config Editor, think it highlighted it in red (maybe orange) but made it pretty clear it was missing, believe it was a default airport as well.

I did a conflict check in addon organizer and it returned this:  .\CMeteoxml.dll | dll.xml.cfg  as duplicate references.  Anybody knows what this is?

Norm.