Sign in to follow this  
Bill Griffith

G1000 PFD dimmer

I had just reinstalled the Phenom 300 and the PFD displays are very dim.  When I try to increase the PFD display brightness they do adjust but as soon as I stop they revert to 1%.  In the setup menu the 'PFD DSPL' is set to 'Manual' and won't stay set to 'Auto'.  The 'MFD DSPL' is set to 'Auto' and doesn't stay set to 'Manual'.  The MFD display brightness does adjust properly though, 100% in day time and no brighter then 60% in night time.  I had also installed Synthetic Vision.  I uninstalled the Phenom 300, Navigraph addon and Synthetic Vision.  I rebooted the computer and installed just the Phenom 300 and I still have the same problem.  I hoping that I'm missing something simple here.  I have Googled the problem and search in the manuals and haven't found a solution so I'm hoping that someone here has the answer.  Thanks.

Edit:  If I switch the PFD setting to 'Auto' the PFD display brightness setting jumps to 100% for day time and 68% for night time.  The settings revert to 'Manual' and 1% immediately.

Bill

Edited by Bill Griffith
Additional Info

Bill  N7IBG