Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

What I love about FS

I guess this could have gone onto the thread below, but I thought I would start a fresh one. What I love about FS is that I always have an exciting way to engage it, it never gets monotonous. For example, one week I could be flying cargo ops in a 744 through out the Asia Pacific, i.e. Hong Hong, Taiwan, Japan, or flying througout the Middle East. If I want a break from that I can then do some Island hopping from Tahiti, Fiji, the Caribean etc in a 727 or a HS748. There is so much scope in this virtual world of aviation, and it tailors to such a broad range of interests. Furthermore, there is still so much I haven't discovered in this global flight simulator. For example, I just discovered the amazing approach into Queenstown airport in New Zealand (see airsidetv.com - anz 737 200 clip). I've also recently flown a beautifull approach into Wellington international airport, plus I continue to discover more and more amazing places to fly. In addition to exploring new and exciting places, I always love going back to my favourite flights. Of course, the amazing add-on enhancements goes without saying:-) CheersTristan

Guest Patrick_Waugh

Yes, and if you are really adventursome, and have 10 hours to learn to hover (required to be able to do anything in a helo), then you dont' know what you are missing flying hi and fast.Try enjoying all the sights 100 ft off the deck. Nothing like flying from a ski resort at 12,000 ft, from the lifts, down the mountain at tree top level, weaving in the canyons.There is so much to see in flight sim low and slow. Try going and visiting the space shuttle on the pad at Cape Kennedy, or flying over the rim of Mt. St. Helens, for example.Or how about flying a rescue mission high up in the Hymalayas?