Sign in to follow this  
47th_ronin

Issues with AS LSZH ver 2 and GSX Level 2

Preamble:

I did both a Google search and a forum search for the following keywords, in various combinations and rules (i.e. word 1 and word 2 and word 3 etc; word 1 or word 2 or word 3, etc; "entire phrase in title").  Each set of searches yielded over 1000 results, and nothing pointing to an answer that I could figure out.  NOTE:  I did find something in a P3D forum here involving deleting some AFCAD files and adding in some files in the GSX folders, but that is for P3D and the AS LSZH v4, so not really a help when using LSZH v2 with FSX:SE; too, a number of the files listed in that solution don't exist in FSX....

System Details:

Spoiler

OS Win 7 64

CPU  Core i7 3720QM @ 2.60GHz

RAM 16GB

Flight Sim:

FSX Steam Edition

Addons:

Active Sky Next  (installed via Steam)

HD Airport Graphics  (installed via Steam)

Ultimate Night Environments  (installed via Steam)

Aerosoft Mega Airport Zurich V2.0  (installed via Steam)

PMDG 737 NX

GSX, GSX Level 2

4 freeware add on airport sceneries (simply .bgl files)

WOAI traffic add on (used the prescribed procedure from WOAI regarding FS9 to FSX file conversion - no issues detected)

Specific Issue/Reproduction Steps:

Start ASN then once loaded Start FSX SE (both via Steam taskbar icon)

Select Free Flight

Select LSZH, select any gate (A53 for this example)

Select a flight plan (or not)

Select any aircraft (NGX or default or anything... If the "Flying Nun from FS 1994 (or 95?) release is still around an updated for FSX, I'm positive the same results would happen.

Start Flight

What you see:

Spoiler

8Cs0O4C.jpg?1

I have tried to follow the GSX Level 2 Jetway video here and had no success, as evidenced by the multitude of jetways all over the place.  

Any thoughts?  I realize (now) that it would probably have been better to grab the scenery from AS themselves instead of Steam, but for now that ship has sailed.

Edited by smotheredrun
picture

Karl Gordon

Ok, after completing the instructions listed in the GSX tutorial video linked above, I now have this...

Spoiler

iSYnbCw.png?1

As you can see, I was able to set up the parking position, but I'm still left with the default AS jetways.  My understanding was that following the steps in the tutorial would eliminate the AS jetways?

Karl Gordon